As practice shows, content is an important component of marketing activities. Yandex.Va with new rules for issuing search queries, content collection services, responses and comments – all indicate that content should be given a significant part of the time.
Let’s take a look at how high-quality and relevant content can help fulfill a sales plan and lead a customer from getting to know a company to making regular purchases.
What is a content funnel?
Let’s start with theory. Content funnel is a relatively new definition. This is a tool that allows you to go with a potential client from “Who are you?” to “Give two!”. It is because of the difference in attitudes and levels of customer confidence at different stages of the sales funnel that you need to know what content will help you take the next step.
For example, let’s take the simplest three-step funnel: acquaintance – appraisal – purchase. Of course, depending on your product, the funnel can be made more complex and richer by adding intermediate stages and details.
So let’s pick the right content for each stage of our funnel.
The first impression is very important. If you have many sources of customer acquisition, it is difficult to conclude where your company is most often met. Acquaintance is not only about going to a specific site. They could have found out about your company from a post liked by a friend or by seeing a review on Yandex. It is this difficulty in identifying the moment of acquaintance that indicates the strong interconnection of all stages of the content funnel.
The acquaintance stage is a very wide range of audience. It is not at all certain that it will be targeted for your product. At this stage, it is very important to establish communication and connect with as many people as possible.
First of all, new acquaintance must start with utility. The potential client should see that you offer interesting material, give good advice and are open to dialogue. Remember it’s hard to connect with introverts – your brand needs to be responsive and connect.
What content is best suited for these purposes?
- Useful materials . Do not be afraid to give free interesting content – at the stage of acquaintance, few customers will be ready to pay money right away for a product they know nothing about.
- Brand information . Who you are, what you do, who you helped and how you organize your work. Such content will help build audience confidence and keep in touch.
- Beautiful pictures, photos and infographics . Visual enjoyment has not been canceled – reinforce your posts / articles / notes with beautiful images. That way you can get the attention of those who are not in the mood to read.
- Behind the scenes of the company . This item can be attributed to brand information. But there is one significant difference – through the backstage, the client sees that there are real people behind your product, open to communication and questions.
At this point in the funnel, try to make content that you want to share. This is not only useful for statistics, but it will also increase your brand awareness through word of mouth.
You can measure the effectiveness of the dating process using:
- Likes, comments, reposts, engagement
- Brand mentions
- The number of subscribers, clicks and transitions to the site
The range of the audience is narrowing, everyone got to know each other and got to know each other better. If a potential client stays with you after meeting, then he has a problem that he can solve with the help of your product. At the very least, your content is really useful to him at this point in time.
The evaluation stage is the best time to collect the base. Gather contacts that the client is already ready to share after meeting, grope for proposals, form a USP. Tell us how you differ from your competitors, tell us about great deals.
What content will help you get interested in paid offers?
- Extended versions of materials, webinars and podcasts . Make it clear that you are happy with the closeness and consistency. Identify a feature of your customers.
- We increase the usefulness : tutorials, training materials, checklists and much more to pump the skills of your audience. Provoke a desire to buy something even more interesting.
- Comparisons . You need to be careful with this point. Offending competitors is a bad idea. But, to show objectively the good sides of your product is useful and effective.
- Turn on activity . During the evaluation stage, you can (which is quite logical) ask to evaluate your products and brand. Conduct tests, polls or polls – thereby you will find out the opinion of your subscribers, collect important information and replenish the database.
The evaluation stage is the best time to change your “potential customer” status to “buyer”. Tripwires can help you with this step.
The tripwire is a trap offer. A product at a very low, symbolic price (or with a big discount). It is thanks to the tripwire that the status changes, and the barrier of the first purchase is quickly overcome.
For example, you might offer a popular product with a very large discount in exchange for taking a survey. Or give free shipping for a subscription. Here, only your imagination and possible offers that you are ready to provide for a symbolic price decide.
The following metrics can be used in the assessment step:
- Link click-through rate
- Base size and number of subscriptions
The most difficult and crucial stage (not counting the first impression) in our funnel. It is at this step that we will be able to understand how efficiently and efficiently the previous steps were performed.
So, the client is familiar with you, is interested, has pains that he wants to close and (possibly) has already made the first symbolic purchase.
What content will help you “squeeze” to a full purchase?
- Specificity . Nobody likes to pay money for abstract things. It is at this stage that you can “sell head-on” – write down what exactly the person is paying you for.
- Cases and reviews . The experience of another satisfied client is positively reflected in the decisions of others who are in thought. Show that you have already bought, and it ended well for everyone involved in the transaction.
- A small list of suggestions . No matter how successfully your customers are moving along the funnel, you should not be scattered and give out all existing offers at the last stage. If there are a lot of products – segment, otherwise – make offers gradually. A good example is a cafe that immediately prepares Russian, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Australian and Italian cuisine raises questions.
One of the biggest mistakes in a content funnel is connecting sales managers only at the last stage. Physically, they can only participate in the sale step. But you must keep them informed of all the stages – this is necessary for mutual understanding with clients. For example, if at the first stage you talk about round-the-clock support, and at the sales stage your manager does not know about it, this raises negative questions from a potential buyer.
Fig. 4. Purchase stage
With metrics at the purchase stage, everything is quite simple:
- We look at the frequency of purchases
- We estimate the value of the client
- Keeping track of the average check
Analyzing customer response to content is an important process that will help you shape your own working funnel. Be helpful, responsive, and honest at all stages of your content funnel. Keep the customer department up to date at every step, involve buyers in content creation and collect statistics.